Site Reliability EngineerPosted on March 5, 2021
Risk Ledger is seeking a Site Reliability + Platform Engineer to join our team and take ownership in shaping, designing & operating the systems underlying our innovative supply chain security product.
We're on a mission to improve the security maturity of the global supply chain ecosystem, reducing the number of data breaches experienced through supply chain attacks by companies and consumers alike.
Our product provides the unique opportunity to work with users from the largest enterprises down to the smallest of businesses in every industry. We believe that to provide them with the best possible experience, we must in turn provide our engineers with well-designed systems, powerful tooling and reliable infrastructure.
This is why we are looking for an Engineer who will have a longstanding impact on our developer experience, engineering strategy and underlying platform. You'll be stepping into one of our first specialist engineering roles, leading on infrastructure and platform projects, and acting as a force multiplier in the wider team.
At this stage, we're looking for someone who is not afraid to delve into any aspect of running a reliable software system in the cloud - whether that involves diving into AWS networking, writing Go libraries and services, making security recommendations or even tinkering with frontend pipelines.
What you'll be doing...
- You'll play a critical role within our team, collaborating with product-focused engineers and leading on infrastructure and platform projects.
- We're a growing startup, having a big impact, and it's all hands on deck - so expect to get involved in everything from product decisions to company strategy.
- You'll have the opportunity to own the growth of our technical platform, from infrastructure and tooling to writing core libraries and services.
- You'll be pushing for improved reliability, implementing observability & monitoring and managing our underlying cloud infrastructure.
- You'll support product engineers in shipping and taking responsibility for their own code, through to production and beyond.
- You'll own the end-to-end process of evaluating, proposing, planning and executing on platform projects.
- Finally, you'll play a key part in expanding the wider team, ultimately culminating in a dedicated group of platform engineers.
What we're looking for...
- You're a software engineer at your core, who enjoys solving problems through writing code.
- You have an interest in building, operating and eventually scaling a reliable system used by all manner of organisations, from large enterprises down to small startups.
- You have a strong understanding of distributed systems and how things fail, including knowledge of both synchronous and asynchronous communication.
- You have a passion for automation and simplification, with a drive to seek and develop the tools necessary to build quality products.
- You know your way around AWS (or other cloud provider), understand its eccentricities and can parse its documentation as and when necessary.
- You are able to balance engineering ideals, business needs and time constraints to push for the best possible developer experience.
- You are comfortable with taking the initiative and making independent decisions. You always consider the broader ramifications of your work, challenge assumptions, ask "why" and push yourself to find the right answers.
- You believe collaboration is key. You are able to articulate your proposals and decisions through both excellent written documentation and conversation.
- You love to learn and grow, share your knowledge and take feedback in your stride.
- Go is our primary language of choice for backend code and tooling.
- AWS is used for nearly all our infrastructure.
- Terraform to safely manage our Infrastructure as Code.
- ECS from AWS is used to orchestrate and run our containerised services.
- PostgreSQL is currently used for all our persistent storage needs.
Send us an email to email@example.com with:
- Your CV.
- The technologies you are most comfortable with.
- A few sentences about an interesting problem or project you’ve recently worked on, and what you learnt.
Why join us?
🚀 An opportunity to work on a exciting cyber security product with a young, growing startup.
👌 We offer the autonomy and flexibility you need to deliver the work as you see fit
📚 All the learning resources and books you want to aid in your personal development.
💻 The equipment you need to get the job done
📈 Generous EMI stock options
🏖 32 days of holiday a year - take a break, enjoy yourself!
✈️ Up to an additional 30 days of unpaid leave a year to use as you wish.
🎉 Regular socials to unwind and have some fun
About Risk Ledger
We’re a London-based startup with a mission to improve the security maturity of the global supply chain ecosystem, reducing the number of data breaches experienced through supply chain attacks by companies and consumers alike.
At Risk Ledger, our people are what makes us great. We are building an amazing and talented team from a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to help us grow and build a truly special company.
Our groundbreaking product has led to us winning the National Cyber Security Centre’s 2019 CyberDen competition and the 2019 TechUK Cyber Innovation Den competition.
Risk Ledger is backed by multiple high-profile VCs, including Firstminute Capital, Seedcamp, Village Global and Episode1. Currently a small team, we’re looking to expand rapidly, and this is the perfect opportunity to put your stamp on a fun, fast-paced, early-stage startup.
We are currently remote, due to COVID-19. However we plan to reopen a London office, with flexible working, as soon as we are able.