Senior Frontend Engineer
Are you passionate about coding and using the power of technology to solve complex problems? Does the cybersecurity space always fascinate you? Are you looking for career progression and learning opportunities in an industry projected to massively grow in the next years?
Then you are at the right place!
We are seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team and take ownership in shaping & building our innovative supply chain security product.
About Risk Ledger
We're a London-based startup, with a mission to solve the problem of security risk in the supply chain, globally. The world runs on data, with every business relationship involving a great degree of trust. We facilitate that trust. Risk Ledger offers a secure social network model for organisations to connect and share their security and risk data.
We're on a mission to improve the security maturity of the global supply chain ecosystem, reducing the number of data breaches experienced through supply chain attacks by companies and consumers alike. We're passionate about providing value to all our users from the largest of enterprises down to the smallest of businesses in every industry.
Risk Ledger is backed by multiple high-profile VCs, including Lifeline Ventures, Firstminute Capital, Seedcamp, Village Global and Episode 1. We're already working with a number of great companies across multiple verticals to achieve our vision, including the likes of ASOS, Snyk, BAE Systems and the NHS.
We are building an amazing and talented team from a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets to help us grow and build a truly special company. With ambitious growth plans, this is the perfect opportunity to put your stamp on a fun, fast-paced, early-stage startup.
What you will be doing?
Our engineers play a crucial role in our product experience. Not only you will work directly on delivering & maintaining features for our customer base, but you will also have a long-standing impact on our engineering strategy, codebase and developer experience.
You’ll be working on software that our customers interact with every day, collaborating with designers, product managers, other engineers and the wider business to create a great product experience and continuously ship value to our users. We’ve got many features coming and we’re looking for someone who loves delivering friendly user interfaces.
You’ll have the freedom to work across our entire tech stack as you wish, with the focus of this role being on the user interface of our web application. With the support of the engineering team, you’ll lead projects and guide and mentor junior and mid-weights engineers.
How do our engineers work at Risk Ledger?
- We work in project-based cycles, documented in Notion, ticketed in Linear.
- Everyone is encouraged to write proposals for improvements or features.
- Our code is in a monorepo on GitHub, we all take part in code review and deploy our own work to production several times a day.
- Our frontend is built with VueJS & its wider ecosystem, following a component driven, modular architecture.
- Our CI/CD pipeline is built on GitHub Actions, bundling the Frontend with Webpack, ensuring quality with ESLint, Prettier & Stylelint. Fully tested using Jest.
- We host our platform on AWS, managed by Terraform.
- We use CloudWatch, Honeycomb.io & LogRocket for observability, and Incident.io for incident response.
- Our data stack consists of BigQuery, dbt, Segment, Census and Metabase.
You would be a great fit if:
- You are a self-starter, who loves to learn and grow. You are able to take the initiative and make independent decisions, sharing your knowledge with others. You always consider the broader ramifications of your work, challenge assumptions, ask "why" and push yourself to find the right answers.
- You are experienced in maintaining and improving frontend tooling. You have strong opinions on what makes good tooling for engineers at a high-performance startup, and knowledge of tools for bundling, building, testing, monitoring and CI/CD for the frontend.
- You care about quality and testing. You enjoy moving fast while maintaining a high quality of code through testing, reducing complexity, striving for consistency, implementing best practices and both actively seeking and giving thoughtful feedback.
- You believe collaboration is key, with clear & consistent communication. You appreciate the impact of clear and thoughtful communication with others, both in-person and written, including articulating your proposals and decisions through excellent documentation.
- You enjoy being a generalist. We are building an amazing and talented team from a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets. Our engineers are empowered to work in all areas of our platform, and across all areas of the business, directly contributing to the wider success of the company.
- You have experience, and are able to demonstrate an ability to work at a senior level in a high-performance product & engineering team.
What’s in for you?
💰 Base salary £70,000 to £100,000 (depending on the level of experience).
📈 Generous EMI stock options.
💻 The equipment you need to get the job done, and £500 equipment budget.
🚀 An opportunity to work on an exciting cybersecurity product with a young, growing startup.
👌 Flexible working with a fully-serviced London office.
📚 All the learning resources and books you want to aid in your personal development.
🏖 24 days of holiday a year, plus all bank holidays - take a break, enjoy yourself!
✈️ Up to an additional 30 days of unpaid leave a year to use as you wish.
🎉 Regular socials to unwind and have some fun.
How to Apply?
Email us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us a bit about yourself, how you found Risk Ledger & a few sentences about an interesting problem or project you've worked on recently and what you learnt.
What happens next?
We aim to have a smooth and speedy hiring process and deliver an amazing candidate experience. The hiring process for this role is as follows:
- CV review: We will review your resume and get back to you as quickly as possible
- Getting to know you - We will have a 30 min chat with the hiring manager to talk about your experience and the role.
- Technical Test - We will send you a coding exercise to complete
- Team interview and coding review - Technical interview and test review with the engineering team (on-site or video call).
- Culture fit interview - A chat with our founders.