About the Role
Risk Ledger is looking for someone to reboot our marketing efforts and make sure our target customers find Risk Ledger, join the network and love it. The Marketing Lead will play a pivotal role in helping to shape the future of Risk Ledger's growth and success through the development and implementation of a creative and results driven B2B marketing strategy. The strategy will focus on data-driven growth marketing, continually experimenting and iterating across multiple channels (PPC, email, content, events etc.). You’ll use your creativity to design campaigns and your analytical skills to measure the results and make decisions on what to change or ramp up.
This is an exciting role that reports directly into the CEO. You will work closely with all teams within the company, from sales, through to product and customer success, to drive marketing initiatives and programmes to drive growth. We're looking for someone who has the drive and tenacity to build a successful marketing machine, learn from their mistakes and potentially step up into a Head of Marketing position if things go well.
About Risk Ledger
Our mission at Risk Ledger is to improve the security maturity of the global supply chain ecosystem, reducing the number and severity of data breaches experienced through supply chain attacks by companies and consumers alike.
The Risk Ledger platform uses a unique social network model to allow organisations to collaborate on improving supply chain security. Client organisations use Risk Ledger to conduct their third party risk management programmes (no more drowning in spreadsheets) and suppliers use Risk Ledger to manage their internal controls and showcase these to customers. Over time, Risk Ledger will develop to integrate multiple data sources and provide novel ways for organisations to collaborate on their security defences. Our vision is that Risk Ledger will become the first global network of connected organisations all working together to defend-as-one, detecting, responding and ultimately preventing cyberattacks, continuously and in real-time. Building this takes a dedicated team of smart, motivated, bold people.
Risk Ledger is backed by multiple high-profile VCs, including Lifeline Ventures, firstminute capital, Seedcamp, Village Global and Episode 1. We're already working with a number of great companies across multiple verticals to achieve our vision, including the likes of ASOS, Snyk, BAE Systems and the NHS.
We are building an amazing and talented team from a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets to help us grow and build a truly special company. With ambitious growth plans, this is the perfect opportunity to put your stamp on a fun, fast-paced, early-stage startup.
What you'll be doing
Your objective will be to grow our inbound demand. We want our marketing function to generate a high quality revenue pipeline and deal flow by generating and nurturing leads through various channels.
Exactly how you do this will be up to you to experiment with, but we think your work will include:
- talking to our clients, founders and team to gain a deep understanding of the Risk Ledger product, the problems it solves and the value it brings. Working with content writers to create messaging that captivates the industry across our website, sales collateral and the marketing campaigns you run.
- developing a creative, data and results driven growth marketing strategy that spans across digital, content, and product marketing. This strategy will be iterative - part of the role will be finding out what works in driving engagement with our target audience and adapting the marketing strategy to drive this engagement.
- implementing the marketing strategy. Designing and running marketing campaigns across the channels you decide. This may include writing content for email campaigns, spinning up landing pages or running a Google ads campaign. You will be supported by the leadership team and external freelancers where needed, eventually growing into a full marketing team.
- measuring the impact of various activities within the strategy. You will be required to use data to drive insights into what is working and what isn't and will need to be able to pivot away from any activities that aren't effective towards ones that are. You will be expected to set up and manage the tools to make this happen.
- solving any marketing related challenges. You will be the subject matter expert within the company on all things marketing and will be required to solve any challenges marketing activities uncover.
The opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition! You will be a pivotal hire, helping to build a company that will change the security industry for the better. We have big ambitions at Risk Ledger and we expect you to have the same.
We're looking for someone who
- has 2-6 years of work experience, ideally with at least 2 in a B2B technology marketing role.
- has a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of digital marketing and it's associated technologies, including Google Analytics and LinkedIn Ads.
- is comfortable building content marketing strategies, and has the drive and energy to produce content to drive engagement.
- has an interest in product marketing and an ability to work with our product team to support in product marketing initiatives.
- is data and feedback-driven with a positive attitude and ability to listen, learn, and iterate.
- has excellent communication skills and is able to build strong relationships across the Risk Ledger team.
- has strong analytical skills, an ability to manage a budget and work independently to achieve results.
Why join us?
- 💰 Base salary, depending on level of experience, of £60,000 to £80,000.
- 👌 The autonomy and flexibility you need to deliver the work as you see fit
- 🚀 The opportunity to get involved with sales strategy and execution
- 💻 The equipment you need to get the job done
- 📚 All the learning resources and books you want to aid in your personal development
- 📈 Generous EMI stock options
- 🏖 32 days of holiday a year - take a break, enjoy yourself!
- ✈️ Up to an additional 30 days of unpaid leave a year to use as you wish
- 🎉 Regular socials to unwind and have some fun
How to Apply
Email us an introduction along with your CV to
We'll be in touch with next steps as quickly as we can.