Head of Marketing
About the Role
Risk Ledger is looking for a Head of Marketing to join our growing team. The Head of Marketing will play a pivotal role in helping to shape the future of Risk Ledger's growth and success through the development and implementation of a creative and results driven B2B marketing strategy. The strategy will encompass all types of marketing, with a particular focus on digital marketing, content marketing, and product marketing.
This is an exciting role that reports directly into the CEO. You will work closely with all teams within the company, from sales, through to product and customer success, to drive marketing initiatives and programmes to drive growth. There is an existing team of one marketing manager and your role will straddle day-to-day execution and team building and management.
What does good look like?
We want every prospect around the world who is looking for a supply chain solution to immediately think of us, understand what we do, and why we do it.
About Risk Ledger
Our mission at Risk Ledger is to improve the security maturity of the global supply chain ecosystem, reducing the number of data breaches experienced through supply chain attacks by companies and consumers alike.
The Risk Ledger platform enables organisations of all sizes to run a comprehensive, security led, third-party risk management (TPRM) programme across their entire supply chain. Our people are what makes us great - at Risk Ledger, you will work alongside some of the brightest minds in cybersecurity and contribute to a mission that will have a global impact. Our groundbreaking technology has led to us winning the National Cyber Security Centre's 2019 CyberDen competition and the 2019 TechUK Cyber Innovation Den competition.
This is the perfect opportunity to put your stamp on a fun, fast-paced, growing business!
What you'll be doing
Your objective will be revenue generation. We want our marketing function to generate a high quality revenue pipeline and deal flow through leveraging various strategies including content marketing, SEO, community management, events, and webinars.
To achieve these two aims we think your duties may include:
- developing a creative, data and results driven marketing strategy that has a particular focus on digital marketing, content marketing, and product marketing. This strategy will be iterative - part of the role will be finding out what works in driving engagement with our target audience and adapting the marketing strategy to drive this engagement.
- implementing the marketing strategy. You will have resources at your disposal to help implement the strategy (including budget to hire relevant team members) but as a small team you will also be pivotal in delivering all of the marketing activities that the strategy encompasses.
- measuring the impact of various activities within the strategy. You will be required to use data to drive insights into what is working and what isn't and will need to be able to pivot away from any activities that aren't effective towards ones that are.
- solving any marketing related challenges. You will be the subject matter expert within the company on all things marketing and will be required to solve any challenges the marketing strategy uncovers.
- managing the marketing budget and building out a marketing team in line with the Risk Ledger growth plans. Managing the team to ensure they are delivering against the Risk Ledger business goals.
The opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition! You will be a pivotal hire, helping to build a company that will change the security industry for the better. We have big ambitions at Risk Ledger and we expect you to have the same.
We're looking for someone with
- has 5 or more years of work experience, ideally with at least 3 in a B2B technology marketing role.
- has a strong background in digital marketing (we think, but if you don't then don't let that dissuade you from applying!) but who has become a marketing generalist.
- has excellent communication skills and is able to build strong relationships across the Risk Ledger team.
- has a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of digital marketing and it's associated technologies, including Google Analytics and LinkedIn Ads.
- has a strong understanding of building content marketing strategies, and the drive and energy to produce content to drive engagement.
- has a strong understanding of product marketing and an ability to work with our product team to support in product marketing initiatives.
- is data and feedback-driven with a positive attitude and ability to listen, learn, and iterate.
- has strong analytical skills, an ability to manage a budget and a drive to build & manage a high performance team.
Why join us?
- 👌 The autonomy and flexibility you need to deliver the work as you see fit
- 🚀 The opportunity to get involved with customer success strategy and execution
- 💻 The equipment you need to get the job done
- 📚 All the learning resources and books you want to aid in your personal development
- 📈 Generous EMI stock options
- 🏖 32 days of holiday a year - take a break, enjoy yourself!
- ✈️ Up to an additional 30 days of unpaid leave a year to use as you wish
- 🎉 Regular socials to unwind and have some fun
How to Apply
Email us an introduction along with your CV to
We'll be in touch with next steps as quickly as we can.