Risk Ledger is seeking a driven finance manager who is excited by the opportunity to play a key role in growing Risk Ledger through series A, series B and beyond. Risk Ledger is a fast growing tech startup building an innovative cybersecurity product, already used by over 2000 global organisations.
We're on a mission to improve the security maturity of the global supply chain ecosystem, reducing the number of data breaches experienced through supply chain attacks by companies and consumers alike.
We have ambitious plans over the next few years and things are moving quickly. To achieve sustainable growth, it is important we can build and develop mature internal processes, including how we manage our finances. You will be the first hire into the finance team, working directly with our founders and team leads to develop our accounting, budgeting and administrative processes. If you know your way around a budget, have seen how an early-stage company is run and are looking for something you can put your all into and feel proud of, we’d love to speak to you.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the CEO and team leads to manage the evolving budget, understanding business needs (such as hiring plans), analysing and communicating financial impacts of business decisions.
- Liaison with external accountants to prepare VAT returns and year-end accounts.
- Reconciliation of accounts, invoices and comparison to budgets.
- Ongoing cashflow forecasting to inform business and investment decisions.
- Managing applications for R+D tax credits.
- Defining and operating back office processes such as accounts payable, collection, employee expenses and payroll.
- Maintaining accurate information within our accounting software, Xero.
What we’re looking for
- 2-5 years of experience in a finance role at an early stage company.
- Experience producing and managing multi-million-pound budgets.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- You are a self-starter, who loves to learn and grow. You are able to take the initiative, challenge assumptions and make independent decisions, sharing your knowledge with others.
- You appreciate the impact of clear and thoughtful communication with others, both in-person and written, including at an executive level.
- You are comfortable juggling multiple projects and conversations at once, with strong prioritisation and time management.
- Desirable, but not essential: fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
We expect this person to learn and grow with Risk Ledger. As the company grows, so will our Finance team, so there will be opportunities to define and hire for future roles, or even step up into a director-level role yourself.
Salary & Benefits
- 💰 Base salary, depending on level of experience and qualification, of £40,000 to £70,000.
- 📈 Generous EMI stock options.
- 💻 The equipment you need to get the job done, and £500 equipment budget.
- 🚀 An opportunity to work on an exciting cybersecurity product with a young, growing startup.
- 👌 Flexible working with fully-serviced London office.
- 📚 All the learning resources and books you want to aid in your personal development.
- 🏖 24 days of holiday a year, plus all bank holidays - take a break, enjoy yourself!
- ✈️ Up to an additional 30 days of unpaid leave a year to use as you wish.
- 🎉 Regular socials to unwind and have some fun.
About Risk Ledger
We're a London-based startup, with a mission to solve the problem of security risk in the supply chain, globally. The world runs on data, with every business relationship involving a great degree of trust. We facilitate that trust. Risk Ledger offers a secure social network model for organisations to connect and share their security and risk data.
Risk Ledger is backed by multiple high-profile VCs, including Lifeline Ventures, firstminute capital, Seedcamp, Village Global and Episode 1. We're already working with a number of great companies across multiple verticals to achieve our vision, including the likes of ASOS, Snyk, BAE Systems and the NHS.
We are building an amazing and talented team from a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets to help us grow and build a truly special company. With ambitious growth plans, this is the perfect opportunity to put your stamp on a fun, fast-paced, early-stage startup.
How to Apply
Email us your CV to
We'll be in touch with next steps as quickly as we can.